IFAC ACTIVITY FUND OUTREACH EVENT
23 Novembre 2022 /14:00 - 18:00
The one-day event will be organized in connection with the “1st IFAC Workshop on Control of Complex Systems (COSY 2022), 24-25 November 2022, Bologna, Italy” as a Pre-workshop Event to be held on November 23 and will be concluded by an on-site visit of BI-REX Pilot Plant on November 25.
EVENT: November 23 from 14:00 to 18:00 (2-6 pm).
PILOT PLANT TOUR: November 25 from 9:00 to 10:00 (9-10 am)
EVENT: Aemilia Hotel, Via Giovanna Zaccherini Alvisi 16 – Bologna
PILOT PLANT TOUR: BI-REX Headquarters, Via Paolo Nanni Costa 20 – Bologna
To create the awareness of the crucial role of Systems and Control in the implementation of the measures needed to achieve the present main goals of the local, national and international policy, like the transition to:
- Green and sustainable industry;
- Cleaner energy;
- Low-emission mobility.
The labor-market and civil-society actors who are pre-eminently addressed by the event are private and public enterprises, start-ups and spin-offs, industrial associations, leagues of cooperative enterprises, regional governance, civic and cultural associations.
BI-REX Competence Center plays a crucial role in the event organization as the joining link between the academic world and the actors to reach out.
First part: Introduction to the event (14:00 – 14:30)
- An Introduction to the IFAC Activity Fund Outreach Event (E. Zattoni);
- DEI presentation (R. Rovatti);
- BI-REX presentation (D. Mascolo).
Second part: Use cases (14:30 – 17:50)
- GTS: Robotics in Litter Hunting presentation (E. Della Volpe);
- VAR Group: One automaton to rule them all (A. Jacassi, F. Corubolo);
- Schneider Electric: Smart Manufacturing: how digitalization can support sustainable value chains (M. Gamba);
- Youbiquo: AR Smart Glass with Embedded Metrology for Quality Inspection in Industry (P. Carratu);
- STMicroelectronics: AI for Embedded Systems and use cases (D. Ruggiero);
- Atos: Monitoring Core processes with cloud-native IoT Platforms 4.0 (P. Cosma);
- Nextema: Data-Driven Control in Digital Metallurgy by Direct Energy Deposition (A. Ascari);
- TIM: 5G in the Industry 4.0: future prospectives (E. Buracchini).
Third part: Q&A (17:50 – 18:00)
The event includes a guided tour of the Pilot Plant, located at BI-REX headquarters, on Friday 25th November (9:00 – 10:00): the participants will have to opportunity to visit the smart factory where new Industry 4.0 technologies are integrated with traditional ones, in a digitally interconnected environment.
For more information on the workshop you can contact the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.