BI-REX, the Digital Innovation Hub Innovacoop and the Future Food Institute together to provide concrete answers and innovative solutions to the Emilia-Romagna agri-food sector, following the Coronavirus emergency.
A new challenge for Bi-Rex
The economic repercussions caused by the Covid-19 pandemic have been very heavy for the entire European industrial fabric: there are therefore many common initiatives set in motion by the various European players to tackle the crisis together and trigger the necessary processes of economic recovery.
The European project HACK4FOOD – To Feed the Future, is one of these: our Competence Center, in partnership with Innovacoop and Future Food Institute, has recently been awarded this project, supported by SmartAgriHubs (network consisting of 164 organizations including Digital Innovation Hub and Competence Center), with the aim of accelerating the digitization of agricultural systems in Europe.
What is HACK4FOOD – To Feed the Future and who is it for?
The initiative, which sees the Digital Innovaton Hub Innovacoop as leader, consists in the organization of a hackathon that will be carried out entirely online on 9 and 10 October 2020, in order to:
- Stimulate the development of innovative proposals and projects, based on the application of digital technologies;
- Provide concrete solutions to the main criticalities that emerged for the agri-food chain in Emilia-Romagna following the COVID-19 crisis;
- Promote the contamination of ideas.
The hackathon (the only one funded in Italy by the SmartAgrihubs network) is aimed at talents and innovators with proven skills in the areas described and intends to respond to three important challenges faced today by the sector:
- Efficiency, transparency, traceability of agri-food supply chains for safe and quality foods;
- Prevention of waste in the agri-food chain;
- Management of food surpluses for the benefit of the most fragile sections of the population.
The winning project will benefit from an economic contribution for its own development and acceleration and matchmaking activities will be provided to facilitate the subsequent adoption of innovative solutions.
For more information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or at the telephone number 051.0923250.